Sunday, August 22, 2010

I know...I know...

It's been a long time...

I know...I haven't written anything in a few days...but honestly you haven't missed much. The past few days can be summed up with the following statement: "APARTMENT SEARCHING IN NEW YORK CITY IS A B-E-A-T-D-O-W-N!!!!!" Believe me...this has been such a draining experience...hence my lapse in blog posts. Everytime we think the search is coming to an end, we are rudely reminded that life can never be easy. Lol.

To overcome the stress of apt hunting, me and Jamee decided to go out! We went to a place called "Taj" in the Meatpacking district.

Our 1st night out in NY goes a little like this...

An awkward train ride....
$1M...
2 swollen feet...
But definitely a fun night!

We decided to take the train (bc that's all we've known so far)...probably never again. We felt soooo weird being dressed up on the train. Lol. From now on...you'll def hear me yelling "TAXXXXXXI!". When we got there, we were a little taken aback by the "lames" in the line...and yes, I know that sounds mean. Lol. But hey! What else can I say?!? But since 2 people had recommended the place, we decided to see what it was about. After paying an arm and a leg...and signing over the deed to my future house, we were able to get in. I was instantly disappointed when we got in. Don't ask me why. The crowd just seemed a little....blah! But it was only 12:30ish...and according to our sources people don't really come out until 12:30-1:00...you know...since places close at 4:00. Since we had already endured so much to get there...and had a stressful week...we pinky swore we would have a good time regardless!! #Dontjudge.

And that we did! It turned out to be super fun! Think....
*Lots of Reggae and East coast music
*A sliver of down south music (my guilty pleasure)
*Crazy encounters with guys who wanted to dance...including a crazy African dude who desperately wanted to dance with both of us.
*A few meetings with Mr. Ciroc. Lol.
*A fight with my aching feet

There's sooo much fun to be had here. And I can't wait to see what we get into next week when we get back to NY! I start orientation for school tomm and then we go back to Dallas on Wednesday to start our 1/2 country marathon back to NY! (Yes, we're driving cross country in a moving truck) I'm sure that will come with a crazy story to tell. Anywho....continue to stay turned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment