Monday, August 9, 2010

What's Today Yo?!?

Today was a good day *Ice Cube voice*...
Since we've been here, the days have been long and we have no sense of what day of the week it is. Me and Jamee have asked each other many times "What is today?". Don't ask me why.

Train Progress....

Anywho, we made a lot of progress thus far! First, we DID NOT get lost on the subway...at all!! I don't know about you...but I'm definitely patting both of us on the back! Our train ride started off with an old man aggressively saying "EXCUSE ME!" to Jamee while briskly shuffling to an open seat...it was almost like he was saying "MOVE TRICK!!! I'M ELDERLY"...clearly a native NYer. Lol. And, for some reason, while listening to Beyonce's "Video Phone" on my ipod, I had the urge to break out into dance....but I repressed the urge. But the reality is...when you really think about it...if I danced on the subway...I bet no one would care. NYers are used to randomness on the train. In my 3 day experience, I've learned to ignore train ignorance...and make no eye contact with the ignorantor (person who is committing the ignorant act). Lol. Maybe one day I'll dance on the train *jotting on NY bucket list*. When we got off the train, I wondered (once again) why the random man with the half body (literally no legs at all) was outside of the train station chillin'. I mean...its cool...but why? Yesterday, he was chillin' on a hospital bed....today he was chillin' in a wheel chair. I can't be the only person who thinks this is weird!!! It didn't look like he was waiting for anybody. It was almost as if he was just a dude chillin' at the barbershop on a Saturday morning. Hmmm...maybe one day I'll find out.

Apartment Progress....

We actually saw some really good apartments today...and we now have a new roommate *Hey Saba girl!* Lol. For some odd reason...in NY, it seems like all bedrooms cost the same. You can get a 1 bedroom for $1500...a 2 bedroom for $1800...and a 3 bedroom for $2000...or something like that. Point: There's not as much of a price variance as you would think. So, why not have more roommates to bring the cost down? Right...we're smart. We've collectively decided that we love Central Harlem. So we're looking at 3 bedrooms there...which still scares my mother for some reason. Oh well! Lol.

I'm really feeling good about my decision to take a risk and just go with the flow! I'm truly living life with no safety net right now...and I'm proud of myelf. Lol. Aight Yo! Until tomorrow....

P.S. I finally got my street fruit today!

No comments:

Post a Comment