Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Whachoo lookin at?

Another train story....

Sooo Jamee J and I meet up in the city today...after prancing around for a bit and getting food we decide to head back to BK on the A train. As we're having a conversation about something random, I notice a lady smiling EXTRA hard at me. If you've ever been to NYC...watched a movie about NYC...or read any of our blog posts, you know how ODD an occurrence like this would be. So me being a semi-nice Midwesterner, I shoot her a quick smile back and continue with my conversation. After awhile we finally get 2 seats on the train directly in front of Ms. Happy pants. I notice she is STILL smiling at me! At this point I am starting to feel a certain way about it so I try to avoid eye contact and continue talking to Jamee. After awhile the lady actually stands up and walks over to me.

Her: "Excuse me. I"m sorry to bother you, but I think you're really pretty. Would you mind if I took a picture of you?"
Me: Ummmm *confused face*
Her: "Let me explain. I'm a writer and currently working on a book. You look exactly how I pictured the main character to be. I've been working with an artist to draw a picture of the main character...and have been looking online for models for reference, but haven't found what I have in mind. Do you happen to model or act?"
Me: "No."
Her: "Well you could."
Me: "Why thank you."
Her: "So would you mind if I took a picture of you?"
Me: "Sure."

She then fumbles with her iPhone and I fake a smile for the picture. She thanks me, I say no problem, and she sits back down. This whole time, Jamee is oddly trying NOT to look at this odd exchange...which was hilarious! But everyone in that section of the train was looking at me. It was so strange...yet funny.

Anywho, I guess I'll be the inspiration behind a character in some book one day. Or maybe my face will end up photoshopped to a naked body...who knows!! Oh well.

And that was your super random story for the day. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment