Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Its the Little Things..

As I laid in bed last night tossing and turning with my small personal fan blowing lukewarm air on me, it suddenly hit…… I miss having ac!!! That fresh feeling of getting out of a warm shower and slipping into a nice cool, cold bed…. ahhhh the memories! Seeing as how the weather is still mild, (I'm STILL wearing freaking sweaters or light jackets) and I’m already yearning for ac I don’t know what I’m going to do when it gets Texas hot!  Please feel free to drop a note on this post with information in regards to donations cause I will definitely need to purchase a window unit.

On that note I started having flashbacks of all the things I missed….. yes at 12am… I even woke up to write them down so I wouldn’t forget.

1.       Air Conditioning units
2.       Pam my eye brow groomer (I've mentioned her before, but she will always and forever be near and dear to my heart. Yes, eye brows are that important. However, I’m learning to like Megha she’s my new lady at the threading place.
3.       Fast food chains such as: Chick-fil-a, Grandy’s, Steak n Shake, Sonic, Panda Express, Taco Bueno, Pei Wei and others. Honestly I miss all fast food chains….Call me crazy but, I don’t trust the fast food here, even from well known chains and the food just doesn’t quite taste the same. Many natives have told me that when they leave NY they are surprised at how much better the food at places such as Mcdonalds or Burger King tastes.
4.       Driving in a car
5.   Speeding
6.       Seeing the sky-the buildings are so tall that most times I don’t really get to see how nice of a day it is unless I make it a point to look up.
7.       Being able to wear heels at all times w/o having to worry about what bag can easily fit flats in them
8.       Grass
9.       Trees
10.    Heat
11.    Wal-Mart
12.  Going home and taking a nap on my lunch
13.  Quick Trip
14.  Leaving 10min before work instead of an hour
15.  The Rickey Smiley Morning Show

And of course I miss all you guys and gals family and friends . Well that’s all for now

~Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment